Child Youth and Family Team Leader Required
Merriwa Community Services has offered support to young people and people with a disability in our community for over 40 years.
Merriwa Community Services empowers each individual to gain confidence and skills to reach their full potential, exercise choice and make decisions about matters that affect their life. We treat each person with respect and dignity and encourage them to work towards achieving their goals and aspirations.
Currently we are looking for a Team Leader to join our team and lead one of our Child Youth and Family residents in Wangaratta.
The potential Team Leader will need to be enthusiastic and understanding of the engagement of young people and people with a disability. You will need to work autonomously as well as part of a dynamic team that you will lead. You must be self-motivated and have the ability to model this motivation and engagement with the staff and people you care for. Experience with conflict resolution, problem solving, managing behaviours of concern is essential, person centred planning, computer skills and administrations skills, ability to learn and time management.
- Minimum qualification in Disability, Community Services, Youth Work and/or several years of experience within these industries, or willing to undertake training within an agreed timeframe.
- Leadership skills in leading a team.
- A current First Aid level II qualification.
- A current (within last 6 months) Victorian Police Certificate (Police Check).
- A current Working with Children Check.
- A current and valid driver’s license.
- Flexibility to work all hours including overnight, active nights, weekends and public holidays
If you believe you can be a part of our growing division in Community Services we want to hear from you. Please contact Simone Kluckow, Community Services Manager for a Position Description 5722 7600 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications close Friday 8th September 2017.